Immigrants in higher education
In 2019 FINEEC is carried out an evaluation focusing on students with an immigrant background in the Finnish higher education system. The purpose of the evaluation was to gather and produce information on factors that support and hinder the integration of immigrants into higher education.
The evaluation report was published on November 2019 and can be found in FINEEC’s publications (in Finnish with an English abstract).
Main results in English are also presented in the press release (the link will be updated).
Members of the evaluation team (appointed by Higher Education Evaluation Committee):
- Counsellor of Education Maija Airas, Finnish National Agency for Education (chair)
- Student David Delahunty, University of Oulu
- Head of International Affairs Markus Laitinen, University of Helsinki
- Student Getuar Shemsedini, Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- Project Director Heidi Stenberg, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences