Appeals procedure for audits
An HEI audited or re-audited by FINEEC may request a review of the assessment outcome. The purpose of the procedure is to ensure the equal treatment of HEIs in the audits and to guarantee that the decision-making of the Higher Education Evaluation Committee is fair regarding the outcome of the audit.The procedure follows the jointly agreed European quality assurance principles for evaluation agencies.
The procedure will be applied to audits performed in accordance with the FINEEC Audit manual for HEIs 2019–2024.
The request may be targeted at the following audit results decided on by the Higher Education Evaluation Committee:
1) The higher education institution does not pass the audit, and a re-audit is required; or
2) The higher education institution does not pass the re-audit.
The request may be based on the grounds that the audit has not been performed in compliance with
the audit manual, and that the audit process, as performed, brings into question the fair and equal
treatment of higher education institutions.
The procedure is valid until the end of 2024.
The Expert Team for appeals 2019–2024
- Quality Manager Tarja Hettula, National Defense University
- Rector (emerita) Anneli Pirttilä, Member of the Higher Education Evaluation Committee (2014–2018)
- Rector Pertti Puusaari, Häme University of Applied Sciences
Personal deputy members:
- Senior Advisor Kari Seppälä, University of Turku (Hettula)
- Director Eva Maria Raudasoja, University of Oulu, Member of the Higher Education Evaluation Committee (2014–2018) (Pirttilä)
- Information technology expert Mikko Penttinen, Karelia University of Applied Sciences (Puusaari).